Electric Vehicle Statistics
How many charging stations are needed per vehicle in the United States?
- 54 million garages
- 247 million registered vehicles
- 1.8 charging station to car ration required
- Current number available is about 12%
- Represents mass adoption in early adopter phase
- Anticipated ratio is 1:1 and growing to 1.8:1 over time
- 2012 – Over 50,000 plug-in vehicles were sold in the US.
- January – March 2013, over 17,4000 plug-in vehicles in the US.
- 2013 is on track to add nearly 70,000 plug-in vehicles in the US.
- 2020, EV sales are projected at 4000,000 units annually in the US.